About Me

Hello!

Welcome to my new place of solace, vault of occasional usefulness and general whirling written account of the thoughts inside of my brain!

So this is me. My name is Joy, although most call me Milli.






I am a 26 (going on 93) year old mum of one amazing 2 year old. I'm lucky enough to have already met my soul mate in my Fiance, Jason - 10 years and going strong!

I've been suffering with Severe and Chronic Plaque Psoriasis for 26 years - that's all of my years. I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis at about 21 - Although I'd had all the markers and symptoms since around 16. I've tried mostly every type of treatment available - both medical and holistic, with a bunch of random treatments thrown in for good measure. This gives me a unique ability to share with you treatment reviews, advice, tips and tricks for living with Psoriasis.

I live in Tasmania - Mostly because I'm nuts apparently. I'm the Ned Stark of Hobart - the second the light outside is gone by 8pm - WINTER IS COMING! We are firmly in the grips of the freezing cold that can only be a Tasmanian Winter. Yeah, like.. It's pretty an all.. But I wouldn't know.. I'm busy hibernating to try and stay warm and avoid the damn plague bearing general public. I assume you all know my battles. It's a burden we all must bare.
Things to know about me -
     - I rarely soften words, I tend to tell it like it is. I feel that the blunt truth is something I always appreciate from people, so it's what strive to provide!

     - My hair colour is rarely the same twice, and hardly ever normal!

     - I swear, and that shows within my posts, often.

     - I have times where dealing with day to day life is enough. I won't always have time to post. Don't take it personally, Sometimes I just need time away.

     - I am always happy to help. If that means you would like to reach out via other means, I am happy for that to happen. This can be a bitch of a disease and we all need a little help and reassurance sometimes. It always helps to talk to someone who understands what you are going through and how you are feeling. HOWEVER, if for any reason I feel you are at risk of harm, I will always recommend you seek professional help or may contact authorities to assist.

I hope to post a few times a week - Sometimes more, sometimes less. Depends on how I'm feeling - Sometimes an energetic toddler is enough to deal with.. I assume you understand :)

Thanks For reading, and I hope to see you back soon!

Comments

  1. Hello Joy, this is interesting, tell me are you ok now? Do you still have Psoriasis?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Progress Report - Taltz Update

Humira - Treatment Review

Current Treatment - One Month Taltz Update